Friday, February 12, 2010


Our quilt guild is having a paper bag swap ,those participating placed three to four fabrics of their choice in a bag and they were exchanged at our meeting in Jan.
These are the fabrics I received and the way it works is I had to make something for that person using Only the fabrics in the bag ,you could add embellishments but no other fabrics .SO....... these three things are what I came up with , a fabric basket , a sewing companion and a large pincushion because a gal can never have too many pincushions .
I'm sorry I neglected to tell you where I got the patterns for these items . The basket is from a great tutorial from the Pink Penguin and if  I do this right you should find it here http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-fabric-basket.html . The sewing companion is from a Country Patchwork &Craft magazine Vol. 5 No.#1 and is from Blue Willow Cottage .The pincushion is from Better Homes and Gardens Quilts and More ,spring 2008 .

I guess that gives me three more finishes for Feb. yeah!

Our quilt guild is also helping out the local womens shelter this month so I have made three drawstring bags and a pillowcase for a child , I haven't incuded pictures of those yet but will do that later on . We also take in items that they need such a toileteries ,sheets, towels etc. This is an annual event and is very successful and the shelter really appreciates our efforts . We also give them quilts around Christmas time to be given to those that are in the home at that time or throughout the year .

It is snowing here today , a light drizzle with high winds ,thankfully no huge storms on the horizon ;-0
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, love the goodies you made from the fabrics. They look great. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a guild project. I love what you've done with the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete