Friday, May 28, 2010

Sunset over the Mountains

Did I ever tell you I love doing landscapes , it is just so much fun sorting through fabric and choosing that piece you "think "will work well for an area of the picture you are about to create .Sometimes you think you have it but when you get it on there you realize it just doesn't work so you start over again , still I love the process and this fall I will be taking a workshop at a retreat that will be a fractured landscape , I know nothing about making this type of landscape but I am really looking forward to giving it a try , we are required to have an 8x10 picture for this class and so far I am not sure I have that photo ready ,more picture taking to do ;-)
I must tell you the colors are a little off on this picture , it is a little lighter here than it truly is , I should take the time to learn more about my camera .
Thanks for stopping by.
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila,
    the landscape is gorgeous. Love the fabric you used fot the sun. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sheila, that's stunning!!! The fabric you used for the sky/sunset is absolutely perfect!!!
    Love it!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your landscape quilt, Sheila! Great way of using those fabrics. You definitely have lots of talent.

    ReplyDelete