Thursday, May 12, 2011

Something Special

I want to share this wonderful gift I recieved from Cyndi of Bluebird Wings , I was so surprised to open the package and see all this wonderful wool and these ever so cute mini charm squares ,it truly made my day or even perhaps my week . Cyndi as many of you know is one of the sweetest and kindest people out there in blogland . Last year I won one of her amazing purses and since then we have become friends and you couldn't ask for a better friend , so thoughtful and kind and always a word of encouragement . I know I will enjoy using the wool in many projects , there is a wonderful variety of colors and even of textures , oh it all feels so wonderful , I love wool!! The little charm squares I am thinking will make a sweet little doll quilt or perhaps a runner , will think on that for a spell before deciding , I want it to be the perfect project . Thank you sooooooo much Cyndi!
Yesterday I had a fun day away with my dear hubby , he had to take a course in the Annapolis valley a two and a half hour drive for us , so I joined him as I know of a perfect place to spend the morning shopping for fabric and anything quilt related .It meant we had to be on the road before 7am but it was worth it . I was able to purchase the backing for the mystery quilt , remember that one , well I found a really nice neutral toned fabric for just $3 a mt. so nabbed 7 mts .( just incase ), for that price I didn't want to run short and I forgot to measure the quilt before leaving home . I also got a few FQ'S mostly for landscape projects as it isn't always easy to find things that will work so when I see them I usually buy a small amount to have on hand when the mood strikes to make another landscape . I also bought a bendable bright light to attach to my sewing machine , have wanted one of these ever since I seen them and found this for $10 less so was happy to buy it . Since I had the entire morning to myself I spent about an hour and a half at that store just browsing and seeing what was new .I did notice that the price of fabrics has risen this past while but it is still cheaper there than it is in many places and they have a box or two at the back of the store at all times with discounted fabrics for as low as $3 and this time up to $7 which is still a bargain as they are all wonderful quality .It was a fun time although the drive was rather nasty with heavy rain and some wind as well . It has been a while since we have seen any sun and the ground is now saturated but I am not complaining as other parts of Canada as well as many of the US states are flooded and we aren't at that extreme .
I think now I will go finish off a UFO ,I'll show you that later ;-0
Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by .
hugs Sheila
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. well that is just so nice of your friend....have fun with your new fabric Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi is special.... what lovely goodies to play with.... I can't wait to see what you make...
    and lots of shopping... you are going to be SOOOOO busy.....
    Your pincushion base arrived at my place yesterday.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila.
    What a nice surprice ☺ I´m looking forward to see, what you will di with the wool-scraps, I have never seen them before. Cyndi has a nice blog, so many great bag, I´ll go visit her often.
    Have a nice weekend!
    hugs
    Bente

    ReplyDelete