Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

Today is Tuesday so that means sharing something that I treasure along with our hostess
Melody of The house on the Side of the Hill .
I was in my sewing room when I was thinking about what I could share today and there in front of me was this wonderful water color that was given to me by Jean Skinner a fellow quilter as a gift for taking part in a Round Robin a number of years ago , isn't it just sweet , so perfect for a quilter and especially one who happens to love hanging out clothes on a line ;-0 Sorry for the poor quality of the photo , the sun was shining in and it was really difficult to get a decent angle . Now to the right of this picture there is another one I want to share and I may have shared this before I am not quite sure but if I did it was a long time ago. This one is actually a magazine and yes it is still intact . As you can see it is a Mc Call Needlework magazine and the year is Winter 1941-42 and the cost $.35 , what I really love about this is this is a picture of a project that is done with crayons ,I just love this picture and the soft colors . I got this from my hubby's great aunt (his grandfathers sister) Bessie and I really do treasure it . To see more treasures be sure to stop by and visit with Melody , she always has something interesting to share and thanks for stopping by today . Hugs Sheila

8 comments:

  1. Those are both lovely treasures... how fun to have the magazine still and what a lovely water colour... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful picture and I've fallen in love with the old magazine. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely treasures, I love old magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Sheila....you have the best treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet treasures today Sheila. Both are great & i love them. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilting picture, and the old magazine! Beautiful things to treasure for sure!
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Melody, I love that magazine...beautiful! Your friend's watercolour is gorgeous too. What wonderful treasure Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what great treasures,very special

    ReplyDelete