Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians and to everyone else too as we all have much to be thankful for. It is  a gorgeous sunny day with almost summer like temperatures , wonderful and I am very grateful!!
 Yesterday we took a drive out to the ocean and the pictures I am about to share are not exactly the ocean but  the inner harbour and swamp lands as I love how they look this time of year . The swamp grasses turn a lovely golden color just gorgeous.
Ok this is not the best picture as it doesn't show the golden color as well as in person.
 A little better color in this one , I need to learn the settings on the camera to make the most of shots like this.
 A lovely pond a beaver is making home , can you spot his den in the far right hand corner ? You can see the leaves have changed a bit more but still lots of green .
 This is Cape John and it reminds me of the shores of PEI somewhat as the banks are a red color but not quite as red as in the island .
 This is the only sewing I did this weekend , I just had to make this little placemat after seeing one made by my friend Diane, I went straight out and bought the Fons and Porter magazine as there are a couple of other projects in there that have my name written all over them :-0 This was real fun to make and I do have another project well on its way but will show it when it is complete . So in a nut shell that was my weekend , how was yours? I hope it was great . Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Hugs Sheila

10 comments:

  1. Well; nice pics. Sounds like you had a great weekend Sheila. So did we; family all got together at my sister-in-laws yesterday for a big turkey supper. It was lovely..the weather was so hot...I can't believe I'm even saying this...but too hot to work outside at all. so I didn't..lol.
    We took the Solstice yesterday; temp was about 29 and beautiful for the convertible. Today; hubby is working and I am putting a quilt in the frames...btw; I love your halloween piece Sheila..take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Your pictures are lovely, a very pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you.... what a beautiful place to visit.. and I do like that placemat...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Love the placemat. Which Fon's & Porter is it in? Love the photo's of the countryside. :) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Sheila. I too bought the magazine and I look forward to making those mats for my daughter. Your's look great! I so love that magazine. Always full of great and useable ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pics and cute palce mat I just might have to look for that one too. I am always looking for items that can be used in the class room or as a gift .
    take cars
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of your end of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanks giving Sheila, beautiful photos of beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful photos! It is so neat to see nature in different parts of the world. That is definitely a cute placemat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and I love your placemat, it looks so perfectly made!

    ReplyDelete