Monday, January 9, 2012

Tuesdays Treasures

Along with my love for all things quilting I also really love cooking , I am in no way a fancy cook but I enjoy cooking and especially baking , so over the years I have acquired a lot of cookbooks which I will share just a few of today as my Tuesdays Treasures with Melody of The House on the Side of the Hill . I am not sure just how many I have now as I did give a lot away but I have these two shelves filled and a few in the bottom of my green hutch as well .
Now you may wonder how many of these I actually use , well there are certain books that have favorite recipes in them and there are others here that I really rarely use but still can not part with just yet. Here are three of my favorites that are off these shelves .
I don't think it would take a genius to figure out which is the most used , the one on the far right , that is one of the best cookbooks I own but the other two are close seconds . The Green Shutters cookbook on the far left is actually the second one of these I owned the first sort of fell apart , the Out of Nova Scotia Kitchens is a classic and the Best Recipes this side of Heaven , well the title says it all :-)  My favorite type of cookbook are the church or local community cookbooks as you know the recipes have been tried and loved enough to include in the books . So what do you treasure today ?Why not join in with Melody and share something you treasure .
A little update on Patches , he is still in quite a bit of pain so Chad had to go back to the vet to get more meds and since he was just an hour away we took the pillow down to him and got to visit with the girls for a short time before they headed back home. He has been licking the area above and below the bandaged area so the vet also gave him a collar to prevent him from doing that as he sure doesn't need an infection.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.
 hugs Sheila

13 comments:

  1. Still thinking of Patches! Hugs to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear patches is improving.... I also like the community cookbooks best..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to spot a well used cook book! I also have a couple that are 'second editions' and some I have had to have re bound so I can use them, lol! There are some cook books that you go back to time and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cookbooks too so I totally understand your treasure! Glad to hear Patches is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor patches, I hope he is feeling better soon. Cookbooks are something I don't have a lot of...I didn't get the cooking gene but I sure am an appreciater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whow thats a lot of cooking books,hope patches is better soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Have to smile at your cookbook collection. I seem to have the same addiction. Love your treasures. lol Glad to hear about Patches. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have favourite cookbooks too! Yours sound wonderful from the titles. You have a good collection. Glad to hear Patches is doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really happy to hear Patches is recovering, hope he gets fully better real soon.
    I love cook books and I have lots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, love my cookbooks. To me it is relaxing to sit in bed for a bit before I retire for the night and read an old cookbook or two. One of my favorites is The Silver Palate Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad Patches is on the mend...
    I have tried to stop getting cook books! Notice I said tried!! Love your collection Sheila...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous treasures this week, you really can tell that is a well loved book. I'm so glad little patches is improving. Hugs to Patches

    ReplyDelete
  13. My copy of "Out of Old Nova Scotia Kitchens" is totally falling apart and covered in spills. But I wont replace it with a new edition. I received mine as a wedding shower gift in 1977. It has been well used and well loved. My fav is the dumpling (doughboys) recipe on page 51.

    ReplyDelete