Monday, January 28, 2013

UFO update

It has been a whole week since I have posted , a challenging week , joint wise , I don't like to complain but I will say the Golden Years are not all that golden at times .  I was not as successful with my UFO's this month as I had hoped but I did make progress . I have done some more work on my Home Sweet Home wool project a BOM from Melody ,still lots to go on that though . I finally made the last block for the Autumn Bounty and took the leap and sliced it in half just like the pattern said , that was not easy after piecing this block that had so many pieces , I didn't want to mess it up .There were two blocks the same that had to be sliced and they are now on the project along with a narrow border and a wider border , want to see ... sure you do .
The pattern called for a piano key border which I didn't really want to do as I was already dealing with so much bias I didn't want to add any more stretch to this piece so found this green fabric that had some accents in it that were the same colors as in the project and I am really pleased ,I think it frames it really well , what do you think ?  This pattern was a free BOM from here  I don't have any batting on hand or I might do the quilting on this today , oh well it can wait a bit longer. Funny yesterday when I finished sewing the border on I showed Bill as I usually do when I finish something and he looked at it and said "It's very nice but why are you making that now"  I could have said I am getting a head start on next fall but I told the truth and told him I am trying to finish up some projects  :-)
 I have also been working on the embroidery blocks for the Winter in Blogland project from Ellie's Quilt Place .I am down to the last little block and almost finished with it too , so that makes me feel great as I adore this project , it is still on Ellies sidebar if you want to check it out .I will share photos of those once I finish off this last block.
 It has been extra cold here the past while , but we have had some sun so that makes it a little easier to take the chilly weather . Here is a photo I took on the weekend at the beach , if you are having a hot flash this might cool you off  ;-)
Well that's it for me folks , I'll be updating again soon I hope . Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day.
 hugs Sheila


17 comments:

  1. Very nice - I think a piano key border would distract the beautiful center - wise choice with the plain borders. Our schools are closing and some roads are impassable - snow, ice, sleet, a mess - good day to stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little pumpkin quilt! I'd have a hard time slicing through the middle of blocks or a quilt too, although I've seen it done. I'd be happy at the beach, no matter how cold it was! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've done it Sheila! I started the same pumpkin quilt but didn't get past the first instruction. Now it gets in my way all the time so I guess I'll get at it before next fall. There should be enough time to get it done if I don't start on another one first! Love the beach scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pumpkin piece! I started that one, but only got as far as the pumpkin. I still run into in once in awhile. Thanks for sharing the beach pic, even if it is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pumpkin quilt is beautiful, I love this one. Your borders work perfectly. I hope your joints ease up once winter passes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Sheila. Much prefer the green border to a piano key. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Sheila,i prefer the green also,have a good week my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. I think your choice for bordering your pumpkin was the best. I would have done the same. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, your pumpkin is fabulous. I made mine into a runner for my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really nice block Sheila; not many hot flashes this past week...lol; cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that top with the green border. It is perfect.
    Is that snow on the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perfect choice on the border !! beautiful piece .. & take care of those joints !!Hope u feel better soon !! Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look a little cool at your beach :) I love your block. Slicing it really turned it into something very unusual and interesting. I think you made a wise choice with the border. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt is growing beautifully... sorry you are sore and hope you feel better soon...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really, really like the colorway you built on yours. And yes - that green is a perfect border for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so lovely! You did a great choice not to add piano keys. BRRR! It looks nicely cold! :) We have about +30C and very humid, don't like it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made progress, and that's really the point, isn't it? Good job!

    ReplyDelete