Friday, July 5, 2013

When things don't go quite as planned do it anyway

I am so excited about the postcard exchange we have going that I decided it would be a good idea to get my cards made and sent off . So..... yesterday I had the grand idea to go outside and pick some flowers and flower pound them for my cards and then it happened. Yep , things kind of went the wrong way , they didn't pound like the vision in my head infact one is still on my desk waiting for decision to toss or continue . I was not pleased at all with the one I am about to show you but I wanted to play around and felt this was the perfect place to experiment and so I did and you know it isn't half bad .
                                    
This does not represent the flower it started out as at all but it sort of works , I took the little petals I guess you would call them from a perennial aster I believe , not all that good at identifying flowers and I had to lay them out on the fabric and try to get them to hold still , well that wasn't happening and it was so...... hot out there that I just covered it and hoped for the best and this is what I got . I did some thread work on those petals and pretended the underside looked like that and then those leaves ,well they didn't pound all that perfect either but there was enough green there to make them look like leaves so I sketched in a stem and voila I created a flower ,almost looks like a thistle if you have a great imagination. I have the most fun when it really doesn't matter if it works , sometimes they turn out to be the best . I won't be sending this one out but thought I would share my little experience . I did get my cards ready though and had such fun with them , and no they are not flower pounded , I had enough heat for that day .  Hope my partners like them , they will be in the mail shortly and land in your mailbox in the near future . I really want to thank everyone who signed up for this swap and I am so looking forward to seeing what each of you create .
 I should also report my sewing for FNWF's hosted by none other than the talented Cheryll 
                                                         
This is what I was sewing last evening , my postcards , want to see them ?

 Oh look at that someone turned them around on me , guess you will just have to wait until my partners receive them. Thanks so much for stopping by this very hot day and have a great day.
 Hugs Sheila

21 comments:

  1. You're too funny!! The backs look very nice. I can't decide what to make!! Today was another hot one! Sunshine and blue skies (a few showers thrown in just for effect)! Yay! Summer has come to Cape Breton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeepers, your cards are all made and I'm still thinking about what to make. The backs look super and even the pounded flower looks nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so clever.. the backs look amazing ... so does that flower, I don't know why you don't like it.... looks great to me...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, flower and leaf pounding can really fool you - love the backs of the cards, I am sure the fronts are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your pounded card turned out. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flower on your postcard. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects, they look awesome.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol you are so funny Sheila,love your flower post card and cant wait to see your other ones,if they turn around,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful - I don't know why you wouldn't send it! I guess I better start thinking about my postcard. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your flower is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your flower looks great. We are always our worst critic when it comes to our own work. Can't wait to see your postcards. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's very sneaky... I bet it's just as wonderful on the front! Thanks for your company at FNWF :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure the fronts will look just as lovely as the back views :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your flower is amazing - I wouldn't know where to start; congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it turned out quite nice! Is that a postcard stamp that you use? Do you mind sharing where you found that? Your cards are already made and I'm still thinking about mine. I guess I'd better get with the program!
    Stay cool and enjoy your weekend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a challenging time with those flowers! I think you did a wonderful job...and those backs are intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your flower looks perfect from here. I love your post cards, you put in so much work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flower postcard is lovely, I have never pounded a flower before!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol, you are such a tease. The pounded flower looks great, you don't give yourself enough credit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't know why you haven't been popping up on my reader.
    I think your flower is gorgeous and I also like the back..
    Oh Sheila do we actually write on the postcard and send or pop it in an envelope so our partner can use it.

    ReplyDelete