Monday, August 19, 2013

The Lazy Days of Summer

Yep, I have been super lazy as far as blogging goes this month , partly due to vacation time but also I just needed a blogging break . So what have I been doing with my time, well enjoying our beautiful summer weather ,getting out for picnics and time at the beach but very little time at the sewing machine . Early on in the month I did make another tote, yeah I know , how many totes does a gal need but I was having fun so made this one and have used it a couple of times since then .
The sun is a bit too bright at the moment so these colors are a little more washed out than they should be . The only other machine sewing I did was make a dress and skirt for my granddaughter for her birthday and I neglected to take a picture of those . Oh I did make this postcard  which winged its way across the ocean and has arrived safely now .

I guess you can guess what the theme was , hot air balloons .Other than that I have been making some pincushions by hand for an upcoming bloghop , for details click the icon on my sidebar ,this should be fun . I also am stitching along with Jane of Jane's fabrics , Jane wanted volunteers to stitch up a project or two to increase the love of hand embroidery and she generously sent each of the particpants some samples of her threads to use , you won't get to see that stitching for a while yet but you can sure check out Jane's blog today for this Monday's guest  Bea. I have one project done and a second one in the works so I will let you know when I will be a guest. I love hand embroidery so I was more than willing to take part.
 I don't know if I ever told you I am a baseball fan , probably not ,well I had the good fortune to go to Boston last week and take in a baseball game at Fenway Park , something Bill and I have always wanted to do. Going to Fenway was one thing but going when the rivals The Boston Red Socks and the New York Yankees were playing was the ultimate for us . Bill and our son Chad went on Friday evening and then on Saturday Bill and I went ,it was an incredible experience , one I will never forget .

 I took this photo when we first entered the park , those empty seats were not empty for long , there were no empty seats . We had great seats just left of the home plate , gladly not out in the sun which was very hot that day.

Here the crowd was doing the wave . This was of course a ball park filled with Boston fans so when the Yankee player Alex Rodriguez came onto the field there was loud booing and name calling . I actually love both teams and although I was cheering for Boston on that day I would have been just as happy to see NY win . Sadly my favorite player D. Jeter was on the injured list for NY and was not playing that day .
Another view of the park , it was truly a thrill to be there !!
I did some exploring of the city with my DIL and granddaughters , we travelled the subway to various spots in the city an experience in itself coming from rural NS. and with a ball game in town there wasn't even standing room . I also did a lot of walking which I loved as I got to see lots of the sights and sounds I would not otherwise have seen. I loved Boston and would go back in a heart beat and I will say the people were super friendly and helpful .
Now to come back to reality and everyday life and maybe I  can even visit some of my favorite blogs for a change ;-) Thanks so much for stopping by today ,I will share a little more of my trip another time but now I must scramble.
 hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an exciting break away from the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Fenway; one of the great old parks that's still in use. Lucky you to have been able to get tickets, especially N.Y. and Boston. I took a tour of the park a few years ago and it was super. The guide points out all of the spots in the park where memorable things have happened, and we got to see it from every angle. If you ever get a chance to tour Fenway, I can recommend doing it. Our guide was a really funny person as well, and we got to see his pennant ring. Anyway, I love your postcard and bag, and look forward to seeing your stitching and pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You luck duck, love that you got to a ball game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to take a break and yours sounds fun!! Lovely new tote and hot air balloon, hugs wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are having a good summer.
    I can't wait to see what you are doing for Jane's blog. I am working on some things too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes we just need a break to recharge our batteries.... it is so different going to a live game rather than watching on TV... gets the atmosphere of it all... what fun...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are enjoying your summer Sheila. I used to take my kids to ball games. Lots of fun a fun food too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. boy that sure is one big crowd and glad you got to spend time with family and i love your bag and postcard Sheila,they are fantastic,have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to see a game in Boston! I can only imagine the energy of the crowd. I'm glad you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes it's nice to take a break and it sounds like you had a great time! I like your balloon postcard and I bet the recipient was jazzed to find that in their mailbox :-)
    Enjoy your week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always nice to have a break...
    A gal can never have too many pretty. Totes..
    Loving your hot air balloon Post Card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boston can be lots of fun. Glad you took the opportunity to visit. Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a delightful break Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome time you've had! My daughter was so jealous when I showed her your photos of the game. She is a baseball fan too. Her team is the Jays.
    Love the postcard and your bag is super nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sew glad that you had a great trip and even took in a ball game at a wonderful ball park ... one I am sure my hubby would love to go to as well.
    Enjoy all those lazy days as they will not last long.
    take care
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes a little break does you the world of good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great visit.... Always fancied visiting Boston. I have never been to a real game but always love movies about the game. How exciting to see two such well known rivals. Nice stitching as well.

    ReplyDelete