Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A little mail today

Two postcards have had a soft landing in my mailbox ,I love receiving them . This first one came all the way from Australia and is part of a yahoo group swap .
A little hot air balloon , rather cute don't you think . Thanks so much Mayke .The next one came from Olympia in Washington state and is part of my blog swap , I had almost given up hope on receiving this so it was a nice surprise this morning to open the envelope and discover this lovely landscape postcard from Laura (no blog) .
Great postcard Laura , thanks so much , I do love lighthouses and the ocean so it is a perfect card for me. Is anyone ready to do another swap , I was thinking we could do a fall themed swap since it is just around the corner , what do you think ?? Let me know and we can get a sign up going . Thanks .

I did a little sewing on Sunday but I think I am going to wait to share most of that for a later date , you will understand when I finally do post. However I do want to share this block I made as part of a new BOW by Linda of Linda's quiltmania  , this is a stash buster quilt along and it is not too late to get started , this block was really quick to make and fun as well.
I am not real fond of the fabrics I used but that is ok , it may come together better once more blocks are made or I can always make another in a color I prefer right ;-)Why not hop on over to visit with Linda and join in , there are even prizes to be won , c'mon you know you want to .
 I have been very busy preparing for the upcoming "Pin it " bloghop , my love affair with wool will be very evident in this hop and I have really enjoyed preparing and hope you will like what I have made , would you like a sneak peak? Alright just a small one and don't tell anyone.
I bet you can even tell what this is , you can see the whole pincushion on Spetember 12 which is my day to post . I best get going now , more work to do . Enjoy your day and thanks so much for stopping by .
 hugs Sheila

13 comments:

  1. Love your postcards! I mailed 4 today. I might consider another swap, but I can't do it until October. BIG Big plans between now and then.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely postcards. The blocks look great. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots going on Sheila.... looking forward to seeing what they turn out to be...
    I'd be in for another postcard swap...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great postcards you received! Talented ladies...and you, too! Love your new block, and the sneak peek is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always get the best postcards Sheila. I will pass on the swap for now since I have yet to make one. I hurt my hip white water rafting and have not made it to the sewing room. I bet your wool project is a sunflower?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spool block. I'm think about joining in. The postcards are really pretty. Don't you just love how creative people are with them? I bet your pincushion is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great postcards you received. Your collection must be pretty nice. I would love to join in the next swap. Very interested in that pincushion! Can't wait for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful postcards and quilt blocks Sheila....and love that tease peek

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sheila!!!!!!! The more the merrier. Can't wait to see your pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila, just love the postcards and your new block. Big hugs from Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy seeing the postcards you make and receive.
    can't wait to see your woolly project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura's post card was well worth the wait.. Just gorgeous..
    Love the Hot Air Ballon one.... Brings back memories of my flight.

    ReplyDelete