Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A slow start

Well hello there , it has been a while , so far 2014 has found me relaxing rather than being productive but I guess a gal has to do that now and then too  ;-) As my title says it has been a slow start, not much motivation to sew at all so yesterday I pushed myself into my sewing space and started a small project , figured I would't get overwhelmed by something small and I am sure you won't be surprised at what I chose to do .

 That's right a postcard , I have been asked to make a few postcards for a gal so figured that was the best way to get some creativity flowing . She wants a variety of cards, Birthday, Valentines and Easter , that should get things fired up wouldn't you say . 
I  REALLY  want to get back at my mystery quilt I started with Darlene last year , I only have two rounds to go so if I can just get started I will be good to go . I love the quilt and want to finish it so perhaps this week I can dig out some fabrics and get that rotary cutter going .
How has 2014 started off for you ? If you live anywhere in the Maritimes you have been bombarded with bad weather , wow what a winter this has been so far , snow , snow , more snow and then rain and lots of rain and cold bitter winds that just howl through these walls , brrrrrr ... It could be worse of course as other areas of Canada like the Prairies  have had what I would refer to as inhuman weather , I can't imagine what it feels like to be outside in -50 and then poor Ontario had that dreadful ice storm that had many residents without power for all of Christmas and some even for New Years as well . New Brunswick had similar issues so I can be very thankful that we did not loose power for any length of time and I have been nice and cosy inside sitting and enjoying the company of our son Rob  , his wife Diane and their children, Christopher , Alyssa and Caitlin , what a lovely visit we had and I am so very thankful they risked their life to drive through some horrible conditions to come spend time with us . Thanks so very much , you can't imagine what it has meant to us . We also had a visit from our youngest son  Chad and his family which made the holidays that much more festive in the best way possible . 
 I have been very slack at visiting blogs lately but I am trying to rectify that situation and will make an attempt to catch up or at least start over as I have missed you all . 
 Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope it won't be quite as long before I post again , have a wonderful day .
 hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Family time is always a priority - relaxing is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved break, Sheila! Love our postcard! What a great idea to have a few on hand to send out to special people, and it's the perfect project to fire up your mojo. I've been slow at the machine and blogging, too! Stay warm and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your postcard...so pretty and sweet:)

    We have had the worst winter this year. We lost power for 65 hours at Christmas...not fun. My husband just went outside to see if he can get the doors open on our van. They are covered with about an inch of ice. So much for global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great time of year for relaxing, and taking a break! Love your postcard. Stay warm - we're back up into double digits here today, so I think the worst of it is over for us for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute postcard. I've done little either for weeks. :) We've been roasting here lately & now have swung the other way. Today is cold & rainy. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh yippee....snow pic on your header! Remember - slow and steady wins the race.....I am sure you will get ahead (in time)!
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila, horrific cold weather isn't there... so hard to imagine those temperatures...
    We all need a little break every now and then... and little postcards is a perfect way to ease yourself back into it!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheila, horrific cold weather isn't there... so hard to imagine those temperatures...
    We all need a little break every now and then... and little postcards is a perfect way to ease yourself back into it!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of easing into the new year and enjoying your time with your son and his family. Sounds perfect. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your birthday postcard! Thank goodness your family arrived safe and sound...we sure had some bad weather! Enjoy your slow start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know your friend will so love the postcards you make her. I too know that you will get your mojo back. We have had freezing weather here top. Hopefully today will be the last day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. its great to have special family time Sheila and love your postcard,have a lovely day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hard to get back into the swing of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always hard to get back into the swing of things ater lovely family time.

    Your postcard looks beautiful! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheila, The post card is Soo cute. What a wonderful to have had the boys and families home for Christmas. A treasured gift for sure my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice to have had the family visiting..
    nice BD postcard sheila.
    Like you I seem to have lost my mojo for blogging and sewing..
    Can't blame the cold as it is lovely weather here at present..
    Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like your terrible weather has been offset by some fabulous family time. Blogging and sewing will happen when it happens. The postcard is very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete