Thursday, February 20, 2014

A little of this and a little of that and more on postcards

Good snowy afternoon , winter just wants to hang on here but no point complaining , I can't change it so must embrace it . These snow days do make good sew days ;-)  This morning I made a pillow for my One Christmas item a month , I know I am early to post this but I am so pleased I just have to share .

This is a Bunny Hill design and is a free pattern on her site right now so head on over and snatch it up, it is quick and fun to make . It blends in a little too well with my sofa but you get the idea. 
 I also started a new project , oh not a big one , one I have had on the back burner for a long while now .
 Here is just a sneak peak , I don't want to reveal the whole thing until I have it completed . It involves wool so it should be fun to make . 

POSTCARDS 
I have had a good response to the postcard exchange but would love to have more participants so will explain what is involved . First off the theme is" Spring ," that is a broad range and use your imagination to interpret spring . For those who have never made a fabric postcard before there are several really good tutorials out there and I did one on my blog a while back and you can go here to access that . http://sheilasquiltworld.blogspot.ca/2011/08/postcard-tutorial-and-swap-sign-up.html 
Also on my sidebar you will see my pinterest button , check that out and under fabric postcards you will find lots of inspiration as well as some tutorials that I have pinned there . Fabric postcards are 4"x 6" with fabric on both the front and back and they can be mailed as is or if you prefer you can put them in an envelope for safe travels . I have never had too many issues with sending them naked but it is really up to you whether you would rather put it in an envelope . Please don't be shy , it is a lot of fun and we would love to have some new comers to try out this simple art form . Let me know in the comments if you are interested and then send me by email your info which must include , your name, address , blog address and also your email , don't put that in the comments , you might end up with spam. I would like to assign partners early next week so if you are on the fence about joining don't hestitate I know you can do this and it is such fun receiving the postcards in the mail. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask , I will do my best to answer . 
 Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a great day.
hugs Sheila 

14 comments:

  1. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - please include me in the postcard swap !

    ReplyDelete
  2. please include me in the postcard swap !
    I'm from Italy, is this a problem?
    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pillow. So cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your pillow and had already downloaded the pattern and put it on my to do list! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous pillow Sheila,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pillow looks very pretty. Getting one gift done in February is a nice thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that little snowman on your pillow is too cute Sheila!! I don't want any more snow either....s'pose we'll be heard?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pillow Sheila. Will look forward to seeing the rest of your sneak peek. Very hot and muggy here the last week, your snow photos look so inviting. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little pillow Sheila! It's nice to have Christmas projects done ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cushion is soooo cute Sheila. Stay cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely little pillow and hope more swappers join in...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope I am not too late to sign up for the swap - I have not had much time to catch up with blogs as we are away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please include me in the postcard swap - it'll be my first postcard ever. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I am new to your blog and I would love to join in on this postcard swap. Did this quite a few years ago and it was loads of fun.
    HUGS. Roz.

    ReplyDelete