Monday, February 9, 2015

FNWF Report

Oh I know it is Monday in this part of the world and I am late , late for my report on stitching with my friends for Friday Night with Friends hosted by lovely Cheryll , thanks Cheryll . Do I have an excuse , well not a great one, I just have been having some joint issues with all this nasty weather we have been dealing with so being on the computer is not something I wanted to do . However I did stitch , on Friday evening for a while I did some more knitting on my sock , I am so enjoying this now that I have passed the ribbing , oh don't look too closely at my ribbing unless you want your laugh for today .
As you can see I have a ways to go before I will actually be wearing this , maybe my the next century at the rate  I am going but I am having fun :-) Do you see I am using five needles, yes this pattern asked me to change to the fifth needle , yikes I was having enough trouble dealing with four but I did what I was told , rare for me , and so far so good .
 I have also been trying to catch up on my guild BOM , I had a few more blocks to make and made those and then decided on my design layout which meant making even more blocks , I love to make extra work for myself you see ;-) I am now in the process of making a 16" block for the center and these blocks will surround that in some fashion , certainly not as you see them here . After I get this large block made I will need to make three more 12" blocks to complete my design . I must say I am excited to see how this will work out . All of the blocks used are in the public domain , most from the Quilters Cache and a few from McCalls Quilt site .
 I have to be honest here , these colours are just not doing it for me and I am hoping when I get the sashings in it will pull things together and make it work . My newest blocks are the second row down . I do enjoy taking part in our guild BOM and seeing all the different variations of the same quilt . Mine will be very different as I am adding so many extra blocks . 

Want to see the snow we got in our huge storm the other day , it might cool you off a tad .
This is my patio door and the snow had compacted some by the time I took this picture .
I took this picture from the bridge in Eureka , it sure did look cold ,probably because it was -25 C. 
They had predicted a storm for tomorrow but thankfully it is going to by pass us this time , whew I wasn't quite ready for more snow , we are still cleaning up from this last blast , well not me but Bill, he is the one with the shovel and snow blower . I haven't seen the poor little robin for a couple of days now , sure hope it has just moved on and not succumbed to the cold .
 Thanks for stopping by today , I really appreciate your visits .
 hugs Sheila 

23 comments:

  1. Just love you sock! I'm almost ready to give it a try...just a few more rows on My SILs afghan. You can keep the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can keep your snow, but that picture of the stream is beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow with the snow! Great knitting.. the yarn you are using looks fun and stripey. Your guild blocks are an interesting mix - it will be neat to see them in their setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your knitting project! Beautiful. And no, I don't want any snow, so you'll just have to keep it up there. But that is way too much. Glad you have lots of indoor projects to keep you occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UAU! Quanta neve!!!!
    Aqui temos chuva em abundancia esta semana! Estamos muito felizes com ela! O quintal está verde, verde!
    A Maria do blog http://pontinhosaovento.blogspot.com.br/ está lutando com estas cinco agulhas de tricô. Sua meia está ficando bonita!
    Os blocos crescem. Parabéns!
    Recebi um lindo cartão da Linda no ultimo sábado. Vou mostrar no blog esta semana.
    Fique agasalhada, um abraço!

    WOW! How much snow !!!!
    Here we have rain in abundance this week! We are very happy with it! The yard is green, green!
    The Maria, blog The http://pontinhosaovento.blogspot.com.br/ is struggling with these five knitting needles. Its half is getting pretty!
    The blocks grow. Congratulations!
    I received a lovely card from Linda last Saturday. I will show in the blog this week.
    Stay wrapped up, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blocks and the socks. I do mine with four needles but find magic loop with a circular really quick when you get the hang of it. Love knitting! I also love the pic of the snow and although we are having days in the 40s for our summer I dont think I really want the snow after all. Must make a mess when it all starts to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know - I can't even begin to imagine how cold -25 must be. Your snowy scene is very pretty! Interesting colours in your sock yarn, quite an unusual combination, I haven't seen anything like it here. The newer colours in your blocks are much brighter than the ones already made, perhaps that's why you don't like them as much?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sock & the blocks. That is a lot of snow. I wousld've liked the snow a few weeks back but not now that it's a lot cooler. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheila,wow thats a lot of snow,,love the colour of your wool,and i am loving the colour of your blocks so i hope they grow on you,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy knitting.... who looks so close at ribbing????? wow that snow .... you must have special glass as I would think it would get broken???
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh - the amount of snow you get is awesom ! Think your knitting is great - I can't manage mor Ethan two needles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a very slow knitter....it is cold everywhere, I think

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely knitting; I like the colors, but five needles! Go, Sheila. Your quilt blocks look good. We're in the same boat as far as snow fall goes; Today it has snowed steadily all day. There's just no place to put it. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh brrr.....that looks so cold. Your blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good weather to stay inside and sew...
    Love your blocks..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg.... That is so cold. I don't think I would like that at all. I am sitting here in a sleeveless top and still hot. It is 35degrees Celcius

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will love those snuggly socks - the colours appear to echo those in your blocks but is that just the way the photographs are reproduced? Stay warm Sheila - much as I like snow I am not sure about that sort of quantity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheila! Thats a lot of snow!! I love your blocks and pretty knitting!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I find socks so hard. I must try and give it another go. Your blocks are wonderful, You will have an awesome quilt when finished. Yes, the snow is piling up. More on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful knitting! I struggle with using double pointed needles too, and I've switched to two long cable needles. You might give that a try to see if you like it better? I love your sampler quilt and how it's coming together. Wow, that's a lot of snow. Stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sheila, knitting a sock seems like magic to me - it looks so pretty.
    I love how your BOM sampler is shaping up! I recognize many of the patterns. Can't wait to see how it looks once you get it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love seeing the snow on someone else"s deck! You have more than we do! Your quilt blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I will stick with crochet. 5 needles would be so confusing!
    Love your blocks.
    Whew! that is a lot of snow.

    ReplyDelete