Monday, June 15, 2015

Air Mail

Good morning from the sunny East coast , what a lovely day out there . I just took a little stroll down to the mail box and found a postcard from Lin , I had already received one from Jeanneke on Friday so I am pretty pleased right now . My cards are in the mail so hopefully they won't take too long to arrive .
 This one is from Jeanneke , a sweet summery picture of a beach and starry night , the beach is a wonderful place to be on a starry night . Thanks so much Jeanneke .
 Lin made a very creative card with beach houses , I love it !!! Very happy and summery :-)
I love how you created the doors Lin , I wouldn't have thought of that .I also love the colours . Thanks so much .
I can't share what I have sent just yet but once they arrive I promise to show you , I really had fun I can say that much :-) Thanks for swapping with me Lin and Jeanneke , it was fun .
 Last year the girls I quilt with on Tuesdays at the church decided to do a pinwheel exchange and I never did get around to sewing them into a quilt but others in our little group have and I felt it was high time I got my butt into gear and did some stitching . I really pondered this decision for a long while , couldn't decide just how I wanted them to look , in the end this is what I came up with .
At first I thought I would incorporate several other blocks in the quilt but that became too much of a nightmare as the pinwheels are 8" and it just wasn't working that easily so I opted for this middle block I had made which is suppose to be a wall hanging but I did make it specifically for this quilt . The middle block is called Market Angel , by Nellie Holmes , it says the garden angel is getting ready to go to market . Under the little potted plants will be two buttons to represent wheels and then buttons to represent flowers in several places . I love gardens and I love angels so these little pinwheels kind of remind me of those whirlygigs I think you call them that are often seen in gardens blowing in the wind . Since I took this picture I have added another round of pinwheels , I had first thought I would add a border but I like the pinwheels just as they are but since it wasn't quite big enough I spent some time creating even more pinwheels . My plan is to hand quilt this over the winter , crazy maybe but I love to hand quilt :-) I will also add a little more applique in the border I added to make the pinwheels fit , just a few more butterflies and a flower or two . I am loving this very colorful quilt !! Oh the other reason I had to get going on this is our group is going to have another exchange , this time it is snowball blocks , I have all my colours cut and ready just need to get the fabrics for the corners , we are all buying the same fabric for that purpose and Atantic Fabrics didn't have enough for all of us so it is on order .

Thanks so much for stopping by today , hope your day is special in some way . Hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Love the postcards! They're popping up everywhere. I received mine on Saturday, and will try to blog later. Thanks for keeping us all organized. Cute quilt. That will be a wonderful project on a cold dreary day in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the postcards. Very lovely. The quilt looks fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting postcards, I like the beach houses too! Love your angel pinwheel quilt, it's very cheerful, and working on it over winter sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post cards! Love the quilt - colorful pinwheels spinning on the lawn, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful postcards.... that is a great thing to swap and so much fun to receive! Love your pinwheel quilt... it is really colourful! It will cheer up winter while you are quilting it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable postcards, Sheila! And I'm loving that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The postcards are wonderful! Love your pinwheel quilt...great idea to frame your block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pinwheels look great. I've always loved a pinwheel quilt.

    Cute postcards too. The beach huts are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those cards; both are fun and creative. Your quilt is sweet; your planning resulted in a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila,oh those postcards are so cute and wow that quilt is awesome,i love it,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice quilt, I love angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SWEET quilt! I'm partial to pinwheels and they are a perfect framing for your angel center. The postcards are awesome. The doors on the beach huts are so wonderfully unique. And the roofs too. The other one is wonderfully colorful and bustling with summer fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both Beach Post Cards are gorgeous.....

    Love the pinwheel quilt with the lovely appliqué block in the middle. Lovely one for you to hand quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I love what you have done with the pinwheels - a clever idea to set them around a centre block like that. Fun, summery postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great postcards... fun mail... I love the pinwheel quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. The postcards are adorable. Your pinwheel quilt is lovely. What a great idea to use the wall hanging as a center block.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you like the beach huts Sheila - are they something you have or are they just a UK thing? I have been wanting to do something with them for some time. Your pin wheels are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete