Friday, August 7, 2015

Northumberland Quilt show

I am a little late reporting on my visit to the Northumberland Quilt Show last weekend in Pictou . It is always fun to view a quilt show with other quilters and I had the priviledge of sharing it with the Nova Scotia Quartet , Lesley the Cuddle Quilter, Linda of Scrapmaster  and Karen of KaHolly  as well as Lindas daughter Nicole , so nice to see everyone and catch up on the news .   We had a wonderful day together and enjoyed the show , would you like to see a few of the photos I took ?

 Every year the guild members make and handquilt a quilt to sell tickets on , this beauty will next years quilt to win , oh it would sure be nice to own this one .


 I thought this one was very striking and different too ,

This one has an old fashion feel and I happen to love samplers , it was also hand quilted which adds to the old fashion appeal.

They always have a Christmas corner and these two quilts stole my heart , love the colour combinations .

Love this one too , if you remember Lesley did a version of this quilt a while back .

A wool project was a nice thing to see .

I like this layout for a log cabin ,

Another really striking quilt with wonderful quilting .

A pretty applique quilt

This looks like it might have some Australian influence , really cute .

A pretty braid quilt , always wanted to try this one .

String quilt , great scrap buster but I am sure you don't have any scraps ;-)

I think I would call this one a modern quilt  I like the pattern and her colours.
I loved the quilt in the center  , it had raw edge applique and was really beautiful .
This quilt wasn't part of the show but a private viewing for us by Linda , this is the back , isn't it amazing!!
Here is the front , a real WOW , Linda is so talented and machine quilted this herself , clever lady !! Thanks for bringing it along so we could see it upclose and personal .
So that is it for this years quilt show in Pictou County , however if you want to see another gorgeous show head on down to Port Hastings as there is a show starting today at St. Davids Church and you can read all about it on Lesley's Blog .  I attended last year and I can say it was well worth the drive , lots of talent in the Straight .
I did have a couple of other things I wanted to share but will  leave that for another day I have kept you long enough . Thanks for stopping by today and I hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods , it is a gorgeous day here .
 Hugs Sheila 

16 comments:

  1. Great to see your pictures from the show - looks like there was a great variety. Neat to see Linda's quilt, too, lovely photo with that backdrop!! Very cool to have be able to have these regular catchups with these ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, it was so nice to take a trip down memory lane with you from last week's show! It was a great time with you all. Thanks so much for sharing the news about our quilt show and sale. We just finished our first day and enjoyed it so much. Nine days to go so hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sheila! What beautiful quilts... I love them all! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next year's quilt is gorgeous indeed, what a lovely thing to win! Thank you for sharing those pics, it wasn't quite as good as being there but it's a long way to go. The autumn leaf quilt in the background of the first picture appeals to me too, did you get a closer pic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! I love the old fashioned samplers, too. And I made that snowman quilt last year. I always love seeing all the variety at quilt shows. I actually went to a small one today, but I didn't take many pictures. So thanks for sharing all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure was a great day. I had a wonderful time and I am looking so forward to our next get-together. I would love to get to see Lesley's quilt show but it just won't happen this year. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely that you ladies all got together and what a super variety of quilts - such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so great you could all together get to go and enjoy all those lovely quilts together...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you so much. I love a quilt show and I envy anyone who has a guild. Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful quilts, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your great visit to the quilt show. Such wonderful quilts. Linda's quiltvisca stunner also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of amazing beautiful quilts.
    Oh yes it would be great to win the wonderful hand quilted quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We DID have a nice time, didn't we? Attending quilt shows can be such an inspiration and so motivational! They always make me want to get right home and back to work on the sewing machine. Will you be coming up to The Strait for the Port Hasting's show? Let me know, if it isn't a last minute trip. Maybe I can meet you there! Have a great weekend, Sheila! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What a show! All are beautiful but I fell in love photo of the quilt 9 and 11 - I think you call this braid.
    My compliments and admiration for the work of all these ladies.
    Good weekend, my friend!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What talent you gather with; the quilts look beautiful. I love that old fashion type, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures Sheila - always good to see a show with lots of different things on show. The braid quilt caught my eye - very effective as was the 'modern' one. xx

    ReplyDelete