Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ok so I don't read rules very well :-(

Over a year ago I read about a shirt challenge that was happening on Tracee of Farm Gate creations and decided I would join in , well at the same time Terry of Terry's Treasures also announced a challenge and it was the Charming Stars challenge and I combined the two challenges and made a quilt . The shirt challenge involved using six shirts and one other fabric , no problem , my DH was more than willing to give up a few shirts and I added some white fabric to the mix and happily  stitched away .Here are my shirts that I used .
All yellows and blues , the first shirt doesn't look that yellow but it is the poor lighting . So now I will share what I had made for this challenge

This is the charming stars quilt I made using just those shirts , I was getting a little nervous when it came time to create a border as I knew there was no adding another fabric if I followed the rules so I started cutting up what was left of the shirts and started randomly sewing them together and I couldn't be happier with how this looks and the best part is my grandson who adores his grandfather is absolutely thrilled to own this quilt made from his shirts . Now here is my dilemma , I didn't read the rules that Tracee set out for us and I shouldn't have shared this quilt until the end of Oct. but I have already done so in an earlier post , however I thought it might be nice to share it again  .  Thanks Tracee  for this great challenge and be sure to hop on over to visit Tracee's blog to see some other wonderful quilts !       

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the postcard exchange  , I am really pleased with the fact we have some new people signing up and hope a few more will join us as well.  I have a tutorial on making postcards in a post in 2011 , couldn't believe it was that long ago .  check it out here 
http://sheilasquiltworld.blogspot.ca/2011/08/postcard-tutorial-and-swap-sign-up.html


Thanks for stopping by today , hope you have a very creative day .
 hugs Sheila 

23 comments:

  1. Love it! I copied your idea, but your shirts are prettier, and I love your border..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous to see your shirt quilt again it's worth showing again for sure. It's so beautiful.
    Don't stress about the rules Tracee won't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous and in one of my favorite color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mix of shirts and it turned into a beautiful quilt. I am sure your grandson loves being wrapped in grandpa's love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt!! Love the colour combinations. Tracee won't be at all bothered about the rules being followed or not...Tracee has a link up on her blog post from Nov 1st if you wanted to link your quilt there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your quilt and its story and it deserves to be shared twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt has turned beautifully. The colours combine so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is just gorgeous. I love that you found enough shirt to do the borders, too. It looks like such a peaceful quilt, just right to cuddle a boy going to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it possible that this quilt is even more beautiful than it was the first time you posted about it? You are such an inspiration to us all. Nancy, above, said it best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it and how nice to be able to give it to your grandson.....I wish I had some of my dad's shirts...he had quite a collection in his wardrobe and was always impeccably dressed.....would of been a heartfelt quilt that my kids would have loved too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see your quilt again! It really is lovely, I remember being so impressed that you finished it before I'd even decided how I was going to do my shirt challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous quilt and how nice it is for your grandson! He is sure to love it! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not all that good at reading rules either. That is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a nice quilt. I never sew shirts. I think I must have a look a our wardrobe.
    Waving greetings from Germany
    Lari

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an absolutely gorgeous quilt. It's wonderful that it's going to your grandson. A true heirloom quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely to see your quilt again Sheila - the yellow really gives it a lift. There were some beautiful quilts made in this challenge and I have enjoyed seeing them all. Must make a start on my stash of shirts sometime!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sheila,wow this quilt is amazing,i love the colours you have used and i love that your grandson loves it because it is made with love and his grandpa's shirts,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love your shirt quilt....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. A quilt made with the shirts was very beautiful! Good thing she goes to her grandson. He will have the memory of the two grandparents on her. This is very beautiful!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete