Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Let's Book It

Good morning from a rather wet East Coast but we really needed this rain so we won't complain and those with wells will be very thankful.
 It's time to share my progress on my Let's book it project and I am happy to report I have a flimsy . This quilt is simply called Merry Christmas designed by Jenelle Kent and was in a special edition of the Quiltmania magazine in the fall /winter 2014 . So here it is waiting to be quilted .
I am really pleased, I love the brown and red together,  a new combination for me . Now my hope is to have this quilted by Christmas so I can hang it on the wall . Thanks to Sharon for the Let's Book it event each month.  I also want to thank Sharon for choosing my name in her monthly draw . This adorable little pin arrived in my mailbox a while ago , I adore it.
                                                 Road Trip, we all love those 😆
My computer decided to give me hissy fits last week and it is now in the repair shop so I am thankful for this tablet which allows me to post , a little more challenging but doable all the same .
 Our middle son Roger is home for a visit from the west and we are thrilled to have him , it was much higher too long since we had seen him.  He looks fantastic!
On that note I  must go spend some quality time with him , thanks for taking the time to stop by .
 Hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila ,wow I love your Xmas quilt ,it looks amazing ,well done and congrats for winning Sharon's book it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt Shelia! Enjoy your visit and make sure you get lots of hugs while your boy is home.
    In stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a nice visit with your son. Love the red with the browns. It gives it a nice vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt, Sheila! I hop you do get it quilted before Christmas. And I love your little pin! Have fun with your son. Is he the one from Alberta?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flimsy looks great Sheila, I love the colour combination too! Have a lovely time with your son, having family around is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous flimsy. The colour combination is lovely. Such a cute little pin. Have a great time with your son. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combo of red and brown - they warm each other. And a sampler of different size blocks all mixed into a smooth blending more so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful time with your son, it's lovely to spend time together! Your quilt has turned out beautifully and will warm your walls at Christmas. Now that's a cute little pin, I love a road trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great and will be a nice Christmas quilt. I'm another one who likes the red/brown colors. Unique and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flimsy is beautiful Sheila. Good luck with getting the quilting done. So glad I enlarged the picture of your road trip pin as I had not realised the little tag is a beautiful patchwork pattern! Enjoy your time with your son. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just gorgeous, Sheila! Enjoy your son's visit! Wish we were having better weather for you, despite the fact we needed the rain! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quilt top Sheila and an interesting colour combination. Look forward to seeing the finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt top Sheila! Enjoy your time with your son! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sew nice to have had your son visit..
    Lovely finish in reds and browns ...
    Such a sweet pin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be wonderful to have your son visiting! That's a wonderful quilt top-so interesting with the different blocks and I really like the reds and browns together. Best wishes on getting it done for the holiday season!
    Have a great weekend,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I happen to love brown and red together and the little pin is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is stunning! Nice work ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete